Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Caprese Salad

I have had people ask me multiple times if I cook every day. In all honesty, I probably do some sort of cooking every day but it is not complicated. Sometimes assembling random things that don't require cooking can make the best dishes.

This recipe is something I would make during the week when I was tired from work, and didn't feel like doing much. It's healthy, fresh, and will fill you up for the night!





Servings: 2
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: NONE, except toasting bread

2 Large tomatoes, I used Heirloom from TJ's but use whatever!
10 Grape tomatoes (optional)
2 Burrata balls (burrata is a creamier version of fresh mozzarella…use either!)
2 Handfuls of arugula
4 Slices bread
Olive oil
Balsamic glaze (optional)
Salt & pepper (to taste)

First, pop your bread into the oven or toaster until toasty brown (about 3 min). I actually sat my bread on top of my gas burner grate to get a char, but any of those ways work.

Meanwhile, slice your heirloom tomatoes and place on the plates. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the grape tomatoes, handful of arugula, and the burrata balls. (Burrata can be found at Trader Joe's in the cheese display right next to fresh mozzarella. It's creamier and spreads like butter on bread!)

Drizzle olive oil over everything. Then put some balsamic glaze on the side of the plate that you can dip into. (also found at Traders) You don't want to put it on top of everything because it's pretty concentrated, just dip! If you don't have glaze, regular balsamic vinegar works too.

Add in the bread and you're done! Pairs well with a nice Sav Blanc or Pinot Grigio!


No comments:

Post a Comment